CEO gives Vidya Foundation 150,000INR cheque
Leading global customer experience outsourcer, Webhelp, celebrated the dedication and commitment of its colleagues in India at the company’s annual Star Awards on Saturday (Nov 12) held in the sumptuous surroundings of the LPT Lawns at the Tivoli Gardens in New Delhi.
Representatives from senior management in the UK joined colleagues in India to celebrate and reward the excellent performance of the team in Gurgaon over the past 12 months.
A total of 10 awards in nine categories were presented by director of group central services, Andy Webster, at a special Colours of India themed evening, which included a drinks reception, dinner and dance performances from the Aasma Dance Troupe.
“Tonight is about thanking the team for a job well done this year, and everyone in this room is a winner in our eyes,” said Andy. “It has been an amazing year for Webhelp. We’ve gained major new clients, such as Shop Direct and Unilever, announced significant European acquisitions, including the recent purchase of top Nordic customer excellence firm, GoExcellent, now known as Webhelp Nordic, and brought on board a fantastic new major shareholder, the global investment group, KKR.
“We have also won a number of awards, including the customer experience provider of the year at the recent global sourcing association awards.
“None of these amazing achievements would have been possible without the dedication, hard work and commitment our colleagues deliver day in and day out. I am tremendously proud of the team in India and am extremely glad that we can celebrate the best of the best in Webhelp this year at this special night, our second annual Star Awards in India.”
The awards were as follows:
- Brightest Star of the Year – Shwait Bain, who has been with Webhelp for two years and has shown remarkable self-development this year and is always keen to support his colleagues
- Spirit of Webhelp Award – Prashant Gill, one of Webhelp’s first colleagues in India and someone who works hard, is dedicated and is always ready with a witty one liner
- Making a Difference Award – The engagement ambassadors, who have worked tirelessly to raise money for charity, but also to integrate the two sites in Gurgaon and create a feeling of community
- Team of the Year –The resource planning and delivery team for Shop Direct. This team has provided world class support, delivering cost and time savings, exceptional customer service and creative ideas to our new client.
- People Manager of the Year –Stuart Walker, who came to India from Scotland and now proudly calls India his second home.
- Shining Star of the Year – Harish Budhiraja, who is always very supportive of his colleagues and maintains fantastic NPS scores
- Role Model of the Year – Saurabh Ailwadi, who lives and breathes the Webhelp values by consistently recognising others, is committed to the company and creates unity amongst others. Saurabh won the people manager of the year award last year, so he is obviously enjoying a very successful career here with Webhelp !
- WOW Factor – Piyush Gupta, IT manager, who has not just helped colleagues in India when they have any queries or issues but has taken ownership in several UK challenges and projects. Nothing is a challenge or too much trouble for him and he is committed 100% to helping others.
- CEO Special Recognition Award – This award exists to recognise exceptional performance over the last 12 months. CEO, David Turner, found it so difficult to choose this year that he made two awards. One went to Munit Gupta and his operational Sky team, who were also shortlisted for the team of the year award, and the other is the solutions team lead by Rahul Lakhina
Each of the winners received a certificate, a plaque and a cheque for 21,000INR.
Also, in special recognition of the work the engagement ambassadors have done for the their chosen charity, the Vidya Foundation, Webhelp’s CEO, David Turner, arranged for a cheque for 150,000INR to be given to the charity on behalf of the company.