Webhelp India hosted its first annual Star awards at the Palm Town and Country Club on Saturday 21st November, designed to recognise the wealth of talent across its Indian team.
The business’s first internal awards event, which coincided with the team’s first birthday, celebrated the considerable successes of its customer experience professionals with a Bollywood inspired ceremony.
Guests were treated to a drinks reception, live performances and dinner, followed by an awards ceremony to highlight the exceptional work delivered by both teams and individuals.
To mark the occasion a 250,000 IND donation was awarded to The Vidya Integrated Development for Youth and Adults, a charity supported by Webhelp India, which has so far made a difference to more than 220,000 families over the last 30 years.
Webhelp India’s awards ceremony follows on from the success of Webhelp UK’s Star awards, now in its fifth year.
A total of 10 awards were handed out including ‘Shining Star of the Year’ and ‘Role Model of the Year’ – and the prestigious ‘Making a Difference’ award which honours local community charitable work.
Webhelp UK and India Chief Executive, David Turner, has acknowledged a year of hard work and success within the new team.
He considers the awards a vital way to recognise the exceptional level of talent within the company, by providing a spotlight on both teams and individuals.
David said: “Webhelp India has had a fantastic year since opening its doors last September. Our people are at the heart of our business and that extends from our customers across to our people.
“It is important to us that we highlight talent and success within the business – which is why we launched our first Star Awards in India at the end of a very successful year.
“Thanks to the hard work and dedication of our people in Delhi we are continuing to grow as an innovative and forward thinking customer experience provider.”
Key winners from the night include Vikram Arya who took home the ‘Making a Difference’ award for his commitment to working tirelessly and selflessly for chosen charity the Nepal Earthquake fund. The organisation also received a 27,000 INR donation on behalf of Vikram’s win.
Other notable winners include Manveer Singh for ‘Shining Star of the Year’, who was praised for his ambition and commitment to the job. While Amit Dubey took home the award for ‘Role Model of the Year’.
The full list of winners, as follows:
- ICUR WOW Award – Ajeet Pratap Singh
- Shining Star of the Year Award – Manveer Singh
- Role Model of the Year Award – Amit Dubey
- EE Special Recognition Client Awards – Kashif Ali Sayyed, Abhishek Siddharth and Nitin Sharma
- Sky Special Recognition Client Awards – Bhupinder Singh, Rita Negi and Rahu Dhimaji
- The Brightest Star of the Year Award – Shilpi Sharma
- The WOW Factor Award – Smith Prabhakaran
- The Making a Difference Award – Vikram Arya
- The Team of the Year Award – Sky Operations team led by Pankaj Pandey and Sky Resource and Planning Delivery Team led by Chandresh Jain
- CEO Special Recognition Award – Bharat Sibbal