Leading global customer experience outsourcer, Webhelp, celebrated the dedication and commitment of its colleagues at the company’s annual Star Awards held last week in The Bay Hotel, Camps Bay, Cape Town.
Representatives from sites across South Africa gathered for a Gatsby-themed gala dinner and drinks reception hosted by actor and presenter Nico Panagio.
Also on hand to provide the entertainment were Webhelp’s Got Talent winners, singer Terrence Makhaye and hip hop dancers Wesley Henry and Shana-Lee Williams.
A total of 11 awards for excellence were handed out on the night, with Edward Quinn, who works at The Point in Pretoria, scooping the title of Shining Star of the Year. Craig Gibson, CEO of Webhelp SA, said:
“Edward is a hard worker and the quality of his work reflects this. He embodies the Webhelp values of commitment and unity, always delivers on his objectives and is driven to succeed. He has not only outperformed expectations but has also excellently dealt with complaints and helped out fellow colleagues to deliver excellent service to our clients. Edward is always ready for challenges, has fantastic attention to detail and always acts with integrity. He is a credit to himself and to Webhelp.
“Tonight is about thanking the team for a job well done this year. It has been an amazing year for Webhelp. We’ve gained major new clients, such as Unilever, announced significant acquisitions, including the recent purchase of top Nordic customer excellence firm, GoExcellent, now known as Webhelp Nordic, and brought on board a fantastic new major shareholder, the global investment group, KKR.
“None of these amazing achievements would have been possible without the dedication, hard work and commitment to creating the highest quality customer experience that our colleagues deliver day in and day out. I am tremendously proud of the team and congratulate them on their wonderful performance this year.”
The 11 awards were as follows:
- Shining Star of the Year – Edward Quinn, who has worked at The Point, Pretoria, for 18 months
- Spirit of Webhelp – Laura Theunissen, a project manager from Claremont, Cape Town
- Webhelp Team of the Year – Katja Alves, Jyde Witten, Thaabiet Daniels and Debbi Fourie, who all work at Claremont, Cape Town
- Mandisa Nzima Award –Mathew Carolissen, who has worked at Claremont, Cape Town for three years
- Team Leader of the Year – Farenaaz Lester, who has worked at Claremont, Cape Town for 12 months
- Role Model of the Year (Support) – joint winners were Bruce Husie, from the Finance team at Parktown, Johannesburg and Adnaan Ajam, a member of the Learning and Development team at Claremont, Cape Town.
- Brightest Star of the Year – Palesa Meletse, who has worked at the Parktown, Johannesburg site for two and a half years.
- Making a Difference Award – Nomthandazo Qobose, who has worked in Parktown, Johannesburg for two years
- Rising Star of the Year – Kgomotso Kgatitsoe, who has also been at Parktown, Johannesburg for two years
- The WOW Factor – Carika Smith, another colleague with two years’ tenure at Parktown, Johannesburg
- Role Model of the Year (Operations) – Darish Morgan, who has been at Parktown, Johannesburg for just 14 months
Each of the winners received a trophy, a certificate and R5,000.
For more information or photographs please contact:
Heather Astbury, head of PR at Webhelp, on +44(0)7825 593242 firstname.lastname@example.org